Friday 5 August 2016

[Requesting Help] [Noob] Flash Stock Firmware on SM-935A (AT&T)

Hello, all! I recently got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge AT&T Model (SM-935A) from Best Buy, and I somehow decided to root it (Me being an iPhone user, I don't know anything about Android). Anyway, I ended up rooting the phone, and later, a Samsung Update popped up. Right after I denied it, my main apps (Caller ID Name, and Google Play Store) began to crash and fail to start up at all. Nothing was working as all apps were crashing. When I pushed restart on the phone, it booted through the 'custom' logo, then to the AT&T logo, where it stayed like that for hours. I noticed how hot the phone turned and put it in the refrigerator (After all, the phone is waterproof, right? ;_;). I searched on the internet, and there I found that I could full-wipe the phone out, which seemed reasonable to me, as I had not completely decked out the phone, yet. So after full-resetting the phone, I still saw the 'custom' logo, and all of my content was gone. As usual, I downloaded, and put back all of my accounts, and soon enough, another update came round, and my phone broke down... Again. So I repeated that step of wiping out my phone again. This happened about 3 more times until I decided to flash-fix my phone, or something akin to that term. I downloaded the required files of ODIN and software from this website, but instead, it still failed with the 'ODIN protocol version failed!' error. I do not understand this issue nor do I know how to fix it. I hear that XDA is the world's best developers at Android or something so I have come here as a FINAL RESORT! Thank you for reading, and to whoever may know, please help! (If you need pictures, I will be happy to post them!) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment