Saturday 6 August 2016

SPYWARE FIX ! Fixed Lag and Wi-Fi problems by cleaning up Spyware from Rooting

I'm rooted on stock N910VVRU2BPA1 with the Emotion-TW-5.1.1-nightly-r21-RC1-SM-N910P Kernel
I've been reporting that KingoRoot corrupted my phone. The symptoms were swipes lags, typing lag delays, Wi-Fi lags before it turns on and more problems. I fixed the performance problems and it is too good to be true. I went through a lot of trial and error but here is a synopsis of what I did.
I used Root Browser to change the name of every file and folder inside the efs folder. I just added a 1 to the end of the names so I could revert back if needed.
I rebooted the phone, went back to check the efs folder and it had regenerated everything I needed to keep. And it didn't load the junk files. The phone runs like it's using AdAway on steroids. You can keep it this way by using Titanium Backup to detach apps from Market. or give it a few minutes and it will rebuild the advertising host files. But the best part is it didn't load the spyware left behind by KingoRoot and KingRoot. That keyboard lag was probably spyware recording keystrokes and the lags navigating were probably due to conflicts between the Google host file and the spyware. I don't know for sure but Now, Even the ESPN website loads fast on Chrome. I just did this today so I'm still testing but I haven't got a phone solicitation since I've done this. I don't know if it's a side effect or what. But that would be great:cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT: I found a fix for the Wi-Fi lag turning on and the phone forgetting the Wi-Fi password. I went to esf/carrier/HiddenMenu and changed it from off to on. Then I used the app Phone Info Samsung to do a RTN reset from Secret Codes menu. My Wi-Fi is back to normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually did the Wi-Fi fix first, then after I seen it had corrected that problem I Odin back to N910VVRU2BPA1 re-rooted, Restored my TWRP backup data then I did what I'm calling the SPYWARE FIX.

No comments:

Post a Comment