Friday 5 August 2016

6.0.1 customization advice

Have: Nexus 6P stock 6.0.1. Need: some customization.

I've enabled Developer Mode and System UI Tweaker. I'd like to do this without root, or anything that would affect individual Google Play-installable apps. (The reason is, I need this device for final user release testing, so it should be what users have just from factory reset + install apps and normal OS upgrades):
  1. Different wallpaper on Lock Screen than behind icons and widgets. (Tried: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-can-i-do.html - No triple dot menu visible in Wallpaper)

  2. Full brightness on Lock screen, independent of brightness settings. ("OK" option: same brightness as manual brightness in Settings) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...tness-t1704705 - no Lock Screen Options in Settings)

  3. Disable peeking globally. ("OK" option: put them in the statusbar like 4.4.4) (I don't want to disable peeking for every new app I install: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Heres...mallow_id75408)

  4. Global saturation setting for icons. (They're all saying "click ME!", that's an icon designer's job. With an excellent high-contrast screen like this, it's a crowd shouting.) ("OK" option: some other way of getting icons to look more Zen.)

  5. Remove the Google Now bar from my Home Screen (without disabling any services). (As in, I taught the device my voice, so I don't need it there for me to tap. Tried: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-re...oid-homescreen - it's not long-tappable nor draggable, nor does it appear under Google Apps in Widgets.)

    I'd like to be able to do this:

  6. Some quick way (preferably swipe) to access a more compact Quick Settings widget, like on my Xperia Z. I've reduced it to 9, can't remove "Invert Colors" and Location toggles.

  7. Global Night Mode for everything in the System UI - to make it look similar to the Quick Settings. (This is a "like to" only because it's been promised in N. I really need it like, now. :))


Basically I have the greatest phone, so I want it to look good at all times, and with the aim Clean, Fresh, Zen. :)

I posted here bc the forum was most specific. Feel free to refer or advise me how to best get answers as I joined tonight.

Any & all advice on single questions is appreciated :) Not possible is a valid answer, and I'm also prepared to wait for N if that's the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment