Monday 1 August 2016

Weird overnight battery drain



Hi,

woke up today to no alarm and a dead OP3, after going to sleep with roughly half the battery. Try to turn it on, battery at 0. Have never had any issues like this before, and the CPU wake time seems highly suspect (played poke go for maybe 90 mins, fiddled with the phone for 30 mins after that, I can't account for the test).

The only thing I did different than most days is leaving it face down (not sure if I've ever left it face down since they added the pocket mode - maybe that kept waking the CPU for whatever reason?) and leaving Bluetooth on (my headphones were turned off, so no idea why that would drain it).

Have had the phone for around a month now and so far it's been a wonderful experience, and luckily I didn't need an alarm today... but still it's pretty worrying. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Screenshots of battery usage are attached, thanks.

Edit: just thought of another thing I did yesterday that I don't do on most days - SwiftKey was giving me weird typing lag so I force-closed all the apps and cleaned the app cache, which solved the problem. Never had that eat battery before though.

Service info: I'm on 3.2.2 OTA, was on wifi the whole night (wifi has not caused a drain problem on any of my phones ever before so I'm ruling that one out I guess).








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_20160801-084804.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	125.0 KB<br/>ID:	3829943
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_20160801-084821.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	167.0 KB<br/>ID:	3829944
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_20160801-084832.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	89.4 KB<br/>ID:	3829945
 














No comments:

Post a Comment