Tuesday 2 August 2016

Should I try to save my black screen nexus 4?

Hello people.

I need help to decide if I should try to save my nexus 4 or not. It has been dismantled for the past half a year and i recently got it to show signs of life after battling the steady red ring of death. (Was simple by the way, just used a wireless charger for a couple of minutes) But if I turn it on, it vibrates, the screen lights up and that is just about it. So i have no idea if the phone itself is functional. Some of you might tell me not to bother with such an old phone, hell, they aren't even sold anymore. But this phone has stuck by me through thick and thin, and has a sentimental value. I nearly jumped of joy when it showed signs of life after such a long time. I am not a rich man, so i need to manage my finances. Screen replacement would cost me 25 pounds, back housing would be another 10, but what if the phone is still not functional? Is there any way I can find out if I should take the gamble?

Some info -
I am not entirely sure if there is an OS currently installed on the device, as I was experimenting quite a bit before the battery run its coure.
I am also missing one of the connector things that are circled (there is one and a broken spot where another one should be) but i have no idea what it connects to. The little peg itself is safe and sound in my possession, if it can be welded back. It connects to whatever is under the power button on the back housing.

fault

The screen is cracked in three places, but was working the last time I remember. But there have been many (and I mean many) dis and re assemblies since then.

I probably love this phone more than my friends and family. Just want my favourite piece of tech to be my companion again.

No comments:

Post a Comment