Monday 1 August 2016

Is my phone bricked?

My nexus 5, which I think is running KitKat, is malfunctioning. I haven't used it in about 9 months. When I plug the phone in to charge, either into a computer or wall charger, I get the flashing red light saying that the battery is super low. It'll flash 8 times and pause until it's got enough charge to start up. Once it starts up, I can get it past the android splash screen to an animation with 4 circles as it's loading. It'll do that animation for a few seconds (never the same amount of time) and then the screen goes black and after a few seconds, the android logo pops up and it goes into an infinite loop of splashing the word android, then going dead and doing it over and over again. The only way that I can get any other behavior is if I hold the power button, when it gets to the 4 circles animation for a few seconds and goes back to the loop of the android logo.

Am I hosed?

No comments:

Post a Comment