Monday 1 August 2016

Strange issue with newly bought used Note 4

I recently bought a used Note 4.
Now when I started using it, I observed something strange on it.
First when i connected it to my laptop for some data transfer i saw a new drive letter popup with Verizon mentioned on it and it automatically installed Verizon's software on my laptop.
Secondly, when I reboot the phone in boot-loader mode to check if the phone is rooted or not, i get the Mobile Model to be SM-N910V whereas when i checked on the back of the phone (under the battery) it is mentioned as SM-N910F; even when i checked Mobile Status under Settings it also shows SM-N910F.

Now i installed Phone Info Samsung from Play Store and it is also saying the Phone Model is SM-N910F whereas in Device Type it is mentioned as trltevzw (i believe this is the model for Verizon based phones). - snapshot attached

Now I am quite confused if I have an international version of Note 4 or Verizon based version.



Also one more thing... Root Checker says my phone is rooted but when i install SUPERSU; i can't update the libraries since it needs TWRP or CWM recovery to update the library (which is not available as my recovery shows stock recovery).


Any help in this regards will be highly helpful.

Thanks!








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	2016-08-01 13.49.45.jpg<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	250.4 KB<br/>ID:	3830096
 











No comments:

Post a Comment