Monday 1 August 2016

Soft bricked S6 - please help!

I have an S6 that I believe is soft bricked. It will only boot to the android recovery screen. I have access to the downloader as well as the recovery. The error I've been getting is "dm-verity verification failed... Need to check DRK first..."

Model Number: SM-G920VZKAVZW (Verizon)
Current ROM: 6.0.1
Not rooted

My wife received an OTA update to 6.0.1 the other day. Since then the phone had been very slow. I did a wipe cache partition. At some point I accidentally entered download mode and hit vol up instead of down to cancel and got into download mode. Not knowing how to get out of this I went online and a video showed a set of key presses to get out of it. Now on bootup I get the "dm-verity" error. To make matters worse, there are a lot of unbacked up photos and such that I'm desperately trying to keep if at all possible.

I downloaded the stock 6.0.1 firmware from sam-mobile that matched what I had on the phone (the top of the recovery screen had listed out 6.0.1 and the PDA number so I matched it up). I flashed via Odin and got Pass at the end. On bootup I was sent back to the recovery screen with an error I believe still saying dm-verity check but then "failed setting up dirty target". I rebooted again and I'm back to the standard dm-verity / check DRK error.

Any suggestions on what I can do and still keep my user data? Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment