Monday 1 August 2016

soft bricked d855,goes into download mode but windows/adb/fastboot doesn't see device

Hi all, so this is my first post and a last resort attempt at recovering my phone, after hours of googling and downloading everything suggested by various forums, and still being stuck... Sorry for the long post, just trying to list all my attempts to fix it.

So, I've been on stock 5.0 Lollipop (v20n) for a long time, with the only issue being that android OS suddenly will decide for no good reason to make my phone super hot and drain my whole battery in 2 hours flat... Nothing that worked for other people worked for me, so yesterday I decided f*ck it, i'm gonna root and flash Fulmics 5.0, using this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...vices-t3129197 (tried the classic method).

Everything went as per instructions, until I went "Send_Command.exe \.\COM12 < reboot" and the phone got stuck in a bootloop...

So in other words, my phone is not rooted yet (thus nandroid/titanium backup was not made), TWRP was not installed (so i cant reflash stock kitkat). Latest LG drivers are installed (v4.1.1.0 from http://lgusbdriver.com/windows/lg-usb-driver-v4-1-1-0). Adb and fastboot are installed (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post48915118).

I can boot into download mode (Volume up + plugging in my usb cable), but i cant get adb or fastboot to see my device, when i try to flash twrp.img though command prompt! Downloaded the LG Flash tool 2014 to try and reflash stock kitkat 4.4.2 v10E, but it also can't see my device!! LG PC Suite can't see my phone when trying to connect...

I have removed the LG drivers from device manager and reinstalled the 4.1.1.0 drivers several times, but everytime i plug in my cable Windows (7 ultimate) tries (and fails) to install some drivers for it, even though i installed them already.

I tried to do a factory reset (holding volume - and power button, releasing and pressing them again when i see the LG logo), it gives me the option of doing a reset, but it goes back to the bootloop.

I have installed the Android SDK files (https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html), not the whole 1187mb SDK bundle, just the 144mb installer_r24.4.1-windows.exe. But i cant get my pc to see my device!

Went to a friends house and installed the LG drivers on his pc, installed adb and fastboot (as above), opened a command prompt in the folder where the adb and fastboot dll's are, and neither "adb devices" nor "fastboot devices" lists my phone.

What am i doing wrong???

TL;DR LG G3 d855 stuck in bootloop, but can boot into download mode, no root, twrp recovery not installed, LG drivers and adb fastboot installed on pc, adb refuses to see my device but windows tries (and fails) to install some drivers when i plug the cable in. Factory reset didn't work. Need help please!

No comments:

Post a Comment