Monday 1 August 2016

Replacement Screen Help

I've carried out a screen replacement using a part that was advertised as a genuine OEM replacement part, but I've got a few issues with it and I wanted to know what other people thought.

The new display has some shadowing around the edges, and suffers from screen burn after only a few minutes on a static image. It is also noticeably duller and less vivid, and seems to have a bluer tint than the original.
The colour I thought I might be able to make acceptable with a colour temperature app, but a new screen shouldn't have shadowing or screen burn, especially not an OEM one, right?

I suspect the part is a knockoff. It has the LG logo and a similar, but certainly different, crosshatch design on the bezel. I wouldn't mind this though if the screen quality were better.

Am I likely to have these problems with any replacement screen that is not an original? Has anyone bought a replacement screen that is of a similar quality to the original?

No comments:

Post a Comment