Friday 5 August 2016

Need help troubleshooting battery drain while in sleep mode



Hi,

Today I did a test with my Nexus 4 and my girlfriend's Moto E 2015. I charged both phones to 100% and let them sleep all day. After 10 hours, the Nexus 4 was down to 79% and the Moto E was at 97%.

Here's what the phone reported for the battery usage :
Android Exploitation system - 3%
Phone inactive - 2%
Screen - 1%
Wi-Fi - 1%
Android system - 1%
(The names are a rough translation from French)

I am using Chroma 6.0.1, June 9th version with no special kernel.

The battery is brand new, it was changed 5 days ago. It's an OEM battery and after examination I have no reason to believe that it is a fake.

Is 2%/hour drain in sleep mode normal for the Nexus 4? Is there anything else I can do to find why it's draining this fast compared to the Moto E?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment