Friday 5 August 2016

Help a boyfriend save his girlfriend's phone? - Reset loop/ wont load OS



First off.. thank you to anyone who can help me. I am new here so let me know if I need to post somewhere else or haven't followed the community guidlines.

TLDR: My girlfriend's asus zenfone 2 is stuck resetting and only gets as far as the asus logo with the white load circle (sometimes)

I have created a breakdown with images of the problem on google drive.. not sure if I can post links in here? but I will try:

scratch that.. I cant because of spam filters... okay so I will tweet a link and if anyone is so inclined, my twitter is open and @camcamkennedy. I will pin the tweet. I know I am asking a lot

I will copy the text of my google docs here but the google doc has images matching the text
  • First of all… thank you to whoever is reading this and trying to help. I will try to outline the issues going on with my girlfriend’s phone, and what I have done attempting to fix it

  • The phone lost reception and she tried restarting it

  • It wont restart, simply loops between the asus loading screen, goes black, vibrates, then back to the loading screen. (sometimes getting as far as the circular dots, sometimes not) The phone asus logo also doesnt render cleanly.. It appears choppy.

  • I have tried to use adb to “sideload” the newest version of the asus operating system “Version WW-21.40.1220.1615(andriod M)” from Asus’ website

  • Link to asus site:

  • Link to video I used:

  • The sideload was complete and didn’t give me any errors

  • Upon restarting my phone, the same issues with persisted

  • I then tried to sideload the second newest version from asus’ website but it didn’t work…

  • I assume this is because I have a newer version installed but what I was hoping to do was instal a later version in case it worked… is there a way I can do this? (any tutorials or videos would be helpful so I dont get too overwhelmed)

  • Additionally I can not wipe my cache or do a data reset .. something about my “asdf recovery/last_log”

  • So this is the current phone info… I am by no means a developer or at the level of “techy” that anyone here is, but I hope someone here can help me out and give me some advice. Even if its just some info or direction about what these errors might be about


Thank you to ANYONE who can help me



No comments:

Post a Comment