Friday 5 August 2016

Download mode?! Flashing possible via fastboot?

Hi everyone,

Having read loads of threads it looks like the only way to root the S7 is via the Download mode.

I have tried all I could but I cannot boot into Download mode. :eek: Power + Vol Down + Home flash the screen a bit and that is it, device does not even boot. I have to let go of the buttons and then boot it with just "Power" button. Also if I try to boot into recovery I only see Droid with open torso in red. Should I try flashing stock recovery? Can someone share it or point me where to get it please?

The best custom boot I get is Fastboot (via adb) or the chinese-menu that allows to wipe the device clean or test sensors etc. When trying to flash TWRP via fastboot I get "FAILED (remote: invalid kernel & ramdisk address: images overlap)"

I have an SM-G930F Snapdragon device (confirmed by CPU Z)

Is there a way to flash TWRP or root the device via fastboot at all? :confused:

Never had a device that I couldn't boot into Download or recovery mode.....

No comments:

Post a Comment