Friday 5 August 2016

CM13: Updating to newer Nightlies locks me out of my phone

For the last 2.5 weeks I have been unable to update to any of the newer Nightlies for Cyanogenmod 13 on my Asus Zenfone 2. After the update is finished my phone claims I am using the wrong password to try to access my phone. I am not using the wrong password, updating seems to change it for some reason. Because I am unable to access my phone I am forced to boot into TWRP and revert to the last build that was stable for me. So far I have only tried two newer builds, the most recent one as of this post (August 3rd) and another one last week (July 27th). Neither work, the build I currently run that works with my current lock screen password is July 17th.

Nightlies for my specific device.

I have done a bunch of forum and google searching and nobody else seems to have ever had a problem like this. I would try to report this as a bug to the CM team but bug reports aren't allowed for Nightlies.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment