Monday 1 August 2016

Cell connectivity completely drops, then comes back, rinse and repeat



I received my new XA Ultra from Amazon yesterday. Popped in my SIM and started setting it up. It had two software updates out of the box, so I applied them, then started installing apps. I noticed that my cell connectivity would completely drop (no bars), then come back. When I checked in the Access Point settings, the option to discover carriers would appear, then disappear.

I assumed it was some kind of software corruption, so I factory reset, but it continued doing it. I also tried pulling the sim out and putting it back in several times. I can only assume that I somehow got a defective unit or that one of the software updates applied the radio incorrectly. I processed a return with Amazon and have a replacement coming later this week.

I hope Amazon doesn't turn around and resell it through warehouse deals. I have received a few devices from them that they clearly didn't test and I was very explicit in my comments for the return. I'm just hoping that my replacement doesn't exhibit the same issues because I'm not sure what else it could be. It's not my SIM. All of my other phones stay connected to AT&T just fine in the same spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment