Monday 1 August 2016

Are charging issues resolved/improved with Marshmallow?

I have a TWN H815, and often have problems with the phone not charging. This usually happens in the car, where the phone discharges more quickly than the (2A) charger can supply current when I'm using Google Maps, so it ends up steadily (and quickly) losing power over the course of a journey. I've tried two different batteries, and a number of different "quick charge" 2A chargers (Aukey, TomTom, etc), but none can stop the phone from discharging during the journey.

I also sometimes have problems when it's left overnight on my bedside charger - if it has less than 15% charge when I put it on charge it will typically only be at 50% by 9am the following morning.

From reading threads elsewhere I'm guessing that my problem is heat-related - i.e. the hotter the phone gets the slower it charges. My question is: does Marshmallow fix any of these charging issues? I'm currently running Lollipop (rooted), and have not upgraded to Marshmallow because it's not possible to root the TWN model on Marshmallow, but if the battery charging issues are resolved then I might need to reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment