Saturday 23 July 2016

To brick or not to brick



Ok, people. I've spent my fair time of reading/researching/testing/messing and it's simply not working. Therefore, I have come in search of people who are more knowledgeable (not sure it's a word) than me and could help me out of the kindness of their hearts. First things first:

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.30.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.1700.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT364W902628
(bootloader) imei: 35585xxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4276mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e135dbf9
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.040s

Bear in mind this is a phone that has most definitely been tampered with. I bought it from a small shop in NY, the owner claimed it was imported from Australia which meant it worked in Brazil (where I live). Through the years I have changed it to a supercid (11111111), changed it back to a cid I'm not sure it's the original, installed a GPE ROM, tried installing Cyanogen and that's when everything started going awry. For no reason I can say for sure, the phone entered the oh-so-familiar state of bootloop. I get the Google logo (maybe due to when I had my GPE ROM on it, I guess) and I can't boot into recovery, no matter how many times I try flashing it and erasing cache. What I want to say is that I'm pretty much stuck with fastboot and a corrupted OS. My PC (Windows 10) recognizes the phone on fastboot mode, but that's pretty much all it does. No adb command works, maybe because it won't boot as far as it needs to load adb. A few other things:

- Yes, RUU would be great. However I haven't found anything that works. I keep getting signature errors and problems while flashing zips on rebootRUU. Tried it an absurd amount of times with many, many options.
- Getting S-OFF could be also a step in the way of bringing the phone back to life, however rumrunner requires adb. I can't emphasize this enough: for the last few months I've been trying to ressurrect this phone, I could not get adb to work.
- In very rare ocasions I get maybe one or two seconds of the splash screen of TWRP recovery. That shows up, freezes and moments after I'm back to the Google logo.

I would like to thank in advance anybody who puts their mind to work on this issue. You people are great. So, any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment