Saturday 23 July 2016

Help Making .PIT file backup, and Debrick.img



I follow the instructions to install BusyBox and Terminal Emulator for Android. (I am rooted).

For backing up the .PIT partition file I type into Terminal Emulator:

Quote:









su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=580 skip=2176




For creating the debrick.img (for use in sdcard booting a hard brick):


Quote:









su
busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1M count=128




After each of these lines are entered, it states that the files have been saved (PIT is like 4000bytes) (Debrick.img is like 100mb).

I check the root directory of both the internal sd and the external micro sd card to copy the files to my PC but the files are not to be found.

Am I looking in the wrong place?



No comments:

Post a Comment