Wednesday 20 July 2016

Samsung S3 i9300 Dead after trying to install a custom ROM (noob here)



So here is what happened.

I wanted to upgrade my android 4.3 to newer versions. I rooted my phone using kingoroot. It said it was successful. Then using TWRP manager app I tried to install the latest recovery image for samsung galaxy s3 i9300. It told me that it failed and that i could reboot now. i selected that but the app hanged (the rest of phone was working fine). then i manually restarted the phone using power button. it did restart but the screen remained black and the led (which glows red while charging) turned on and was changing shades of blue. I waited a bit then took out the battery. After that the phone is not turning on at all. I tried the soft and hard reset (pressing vol up+ home+ power button) but no luck. When i connect the phone to my laptop it gives a notification sound (ding!) but nothing more.

Please help me bring back my dead phone.

P.S: All this just to play pokemon GO



No comments:

Post a Comment