Wednesday 13 July 2016

Unable to Flash the Latest Incremental OTA ZNH2KAS254



Hi,

I was on a rooted Oneplus One having the TWRP recovery. I got the notification for the latest Incremental OTA ZNH2KAS254 update. I know that its not possible to install this incremental update if you are rooted and are using TWRP as your recovery. I read some of the posts and it was suggested there to unroot the phone, install the stock recovery and then try to install the OTA. I downloaded the stock cyanogen recovery and flashed it, which removed the TWRP recovery. I then unrooted my phone using the option in the SuperSU app.

Now i have an OPO which is having stock recovery and is unrooted. When i try to install this incremental update, i am not able to get through. The update goes through the installation process and ends up booting in the stock recovery with an exclamation mark on the cyanogen robot. I then decided to factory reset the OPO completely by wiping everything that was there on the phone.

Even then i am not able to install the incremental OTA and land up with the same error as mentioned above.

What am i doing wrong? Could someone please help and let me know how to get this incremental update installed? I would also like to install TWRP and root the device once i am done installing the incremental OTA.

Cheers,
Gokul



No comments:

Post a Comment