Wednesday 6 July 2016

TWRP installation after having rooted



Hey guys,

Recently moving back to Android with a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and I have some problems to get everything working. I didn't find (or didn't managed to find) the informations I was looking for on the forum or anywhere else on internet.

Here is what I did since now:

1. Rooted my phone with CF-Auto-Root.
2. Phone rooted correctly, SuperSU installed => no problem
3. Installed TWRP Manager.
4. Launched installation of TWRP from the TWRP Manager and selected the latest version of herolte (3.0.2-2).
5. Installation failed, relaunched it, didn't get any notice of success or failed this time so I presumed it was good.
6. Restarted the phone in normal mode => No problem.
7. Restarted the phone in recovery mode => Access to TWRP asking me if I want to stay in read only or allow read/write.

> Can I boot up at this stage in read/write without causing any issues since I saw in the TWRP root installation process (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rolte-t3333770)

"By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don't follow step 11 you will be unable to boot!
If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications."

> Since I am already rooted, it shouldn't cause any issues right?

8. I tried to do a backup of my phone but the data folder is showing no data and when performing a backup I am getting a "failed to mount /data error"

> Don't really know how to fix this error.
> I can backup without any issue Boot and System.

Thank you per advance for your answers ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment