Wednesday 6 July 2016

Trying to ROOT my MotoG on Marshmallow



Hi to all, I had some problems with the battery life on my MotoG (2nd gen) running Lollipop and after a few tries I decided to wipe anything and flash the stock Marshmallow image.
First, I downloaded this image
XT1068_TITAN_RETAILDSDS_6.0_MPB24.65-34_cid7_CFC.xml.zip
and flashed correctly, step by step, as wrote here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

I also downloaded this "Universal MotoG Toolkit" from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...olkit-t2979862
But it doesn't work as it should.
For example, if I connect the device and say to "Rebbot to Recovery from Phone" the Phone just reboot, not in recovery.

Also I found out that a new "Warnning bootloader unlocked" screen appears now, on startup.

Then, I tried to flash TWRP into recovery to Root my device but it keeps going on error "Mismatched partition size", any TWRP I try to flash (2.8.6.0,3.0.0.1).

Also, after this error, If I try to "normal powerup" from Fastboot, I have another error "UTAG flashfile configured as fastboot" so no normal powerup.

What I have to do to power up is flash again motoboot with this command:
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
andf then
fastboot restart
And so, the phone restarts normally.

What's wrong with this?



No comments:

Post a Comment