Wednesday 6 July 2016

[Help] Z1 shutting down after bootanimation



Guys, before placing the problem, I want you to know that the Z1 will be around 2 years old in September. The old unit was replaced with the current unit in September 2014. The battery level has been steadily dropping since the last few months. And it is running Stock firmware with NUTs Dual Recovery and Xposed.

Now onto the problem.
The Z1 had been in deep sleep for the last few hours when I unlocked it. I switched on the WiFi, received some notifications and was just going to download an app from the Play Store when I received the message of the kind "The phone is being switched off due to overheating".
Now, it was awake for hardly a minute when this message showed up, and I hadn't even downloaded the app. The battery level was more than 95% and the Z1 switched off, even though the whole phone was ice cold. It wasn't even warm let alone overheated. And in my approx 3 years of owing this phone, i had never got this message, though the Z1 had heated up a lot of times.
Now when I tried switching it on, the Sony logo showed up, then the Powered by Android logo, and then 5-6 seconds of the animation after which it abruptly switched off. This happened every time i tried switching it on.
I then connected it to the wall charger, when the Z1 showed up this message



It doesn't boot up even though it's connected to the wall charger.

My guess is the battery has gone rogue, but then the level isn't dropping either.
Now I don't know what to do, bcoz I have no idea what the problem is.

If any fellow members have gone through a similar problem, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks anyways [emoji4]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk



No comments:

Post a Comment