Sunday 3 July 2016

Should I continue to try unbrick (soft brick) my phone (GT-S5570; Galaxy Mini)??



Galaxy Mini; GT-S5570
2.3.5
Gingerbread.XWKS7

While trying to flash an android mod via SD I managed to soft-brick my phone. I skipped a step or two (ROM backup and data wipe) and ended up with a phone stuck in a bootloop. I managed to flash CWM recovery v6.0.4.6. Since then I have tried to flash any and all ROMS I can find that have been developed for the GTS5570. Some of the ROMs have installed okay, some have failed or aborted. The only difference now is that the phone boots straight into recovery.

Tried to do this via laptop (using Linux Mint and Windows 10) and the phone was not recognised via usb, even with drivers.

I don't want to just give up, but I reckon I've come to that point. That is unless there is something I have overlooked.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks in advanced.

:D



No comments:

Post a Comment