Thursday 21 July 2016

Rooted Fire 5th gen tablet, missing default recovery



Hello all,

I recently rooted my Amazon Fire tablet - everything went fairly smoothly and I was able to make the standard changes (remove ads, change launcher, block OTA, etc). I tried to flash TWRP recovery but failed at every turn; fastboot gives me "unknown command" errors, and using Flashfire goes through the entire flashing process, reboots, but still no recovery. The issue I'm facing now is that it looks like the stock amazon recovery is now missing, when I try to boot into recovery using volume down+power it just hangs on the Amazon logo, holding down power to reboot it from there will boot it back into the OS just fine. I'd rather just have the stock amazon OS with it's recovery if it's not possible to have a custom recovery/ROM. Any suggestions? Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment