Saturday 30 July 2016

P8-Lite Freezes in Do Not Disturb Mode when in 'Smart' powersaving mode



Got my p8-lite recently and everything works perfectly fine. The only problem is that i have scheduled the do not disturb mode to turn on at night and when the phone is in the 'Smart' power saving mode, it feels like the phone has frozen when i check it in the morning. Frozen here meaning that i do not receive any notifications from whatsapp, twitter etc unless i open apps. This problem does not occur throughout the day. Only seems to happen when the phone is idle for a long time in 'DND', 'Smart' powersaving mode overnight. I had a p9-lite before this and that too had the same issue which is why i switched to a p8-lite thinking i won't be facing the issue on this phone. It's strange because I've used a Mate-7 for almost a year before this and i never faced this issue on that phone. I've also used the Huawei Y6 and never faced this problem on that either. The apps i want notifications from are all protected in the power saving settings. Mobile data / WiFi is set to always on. When this problem first occurred, my p8-lite was on android 5.0.2. I upgraded it to marshmallow and the same thing happened again. Not sure what prompts this to happen and it can't be phone specific because as i mentioned, faced a similar issue on a p9-lite. Coming to my wits end up with this issue and am on the verge of switching to samsung or something. Any suggestions / help would be appreciated! Do not want to switch my phone if this issue can be resolved.



No comments:

Post a Comment