Saturday 30 July 2016

Mate 8 DL00



Help wanted!
As a noob in phone-modding, I must have spent a week and 50 DC credits on unlocking FRP (trying to unlock bootloader) because that was the only option available for my phone. Until I read somewhere to enter bootloader using adb, not the power button etc. Suddenly DC showed the unlock option I had been looking for for so long. My point is: what seems obvious to more seasoned programmers, can make me spend all my spare time for weeks trying to figure things out...

Now my DL00 C17B197 won't flash TWRP. From what I have been told, my chinese DL00 is the same as AL10, but locked to a chinese carrier. And that AL10 in turn can flash the same as a L29. My phone communicates in adb, and gives Serial # when I type "adb reboot bootloader" and "fastboot devices". After writing "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img", I get the message "error: cannot load "twrp.img"".

Q1: Phone works with my norwegian sim. But does beeing locked to a chinese carrier stop me from flashing somehow?

Q2: Does that mean that DL00 can use the same TWRP and SU as AL10 and L29?

Q3: What twrp file is best suited for my DL00?

Q4: After downloading twrp image file, should I extract it using 7-Zip, or just put the file straight into the adb folder?

Q5: Is there some super easy thing I have been missing all along?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment