Wednesday 6 July 2016

Note 4 Power Saving automatically turns off



Hi guys,

Having an issue with my Note 4 (SM-N910F) international version since the MM 6.0.1 update. I received a further update after the MM 6.0.1 recently and thought the issue would've been fixed but alas, no!

Current version of Software: N910FXXS1DPE7.

Issue is, I have power saving mode turned on and set to: Start power saving "Immediately". However it keeps getting turned off and the screen becomes bright and I could not recognise a pattern how this occurs.

Things tried so far:
-Unticked automatic brightness and dragged all the way to low.
-Smart stay was/is never ticked.
-Auto adjust screen tone is ticked, but unticking that and also leaving automatic brightness turned off still causing power saving to automatically turn off.
-I have tried to check for this issue in Safe mode and it still happens.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? I do not want to do a factor reset for this issue and if it can be avoided after all. Safe mode is somewhat similar isn't it?
I have noticed the issue occur when I start using Gmail app (not the Inbox one), but that is just one scenario.
It seems like the light sensor gets triggered when it faces bright light and turns off power saving mode and screen becomes bright, but just could be a red herring.

Thanks a million!
Bharath



No comments:

Post a Comment