Sunday 3 July 2016

Nexus 5: rooted but "root" folder shows up as empty?



Nexus 5 android 6.0.1
Build number MOB30M

I've had some wifi issues these past few days (where the wifi radio didn't turn on, it was stuck in a "turning on" loop) and a missing wifi MAC address. After testing whatever I could on a stock phone (aeroplane mode, factory resets, you have it) I decided to root it. I read around and found someone claiming that deleting the /persist/wifi foldercould fix my issues. I can't post a link but it was a post on thinkoholic.

I downloaded Nexus Root Tolkit and set out to root my phone. I have no experience with rooting, but with a YouTube guide along with the program popups it seemed easy enough. I did the full driver installation, unlocked the bootloader and then rooted the phone. NRT crashed on me during the rooting process, IIRC while I was at the slider-part on my phone (TWRP?) to confirm a read-only mode or read/write. I restarted the rooting process and the phone booted up alright. I've installed root checker and a terminal window app which both say the phone is correctly rooted, but when I try navigating the /root folders in various explorers/file managers (ES File Explorer, Root Browser), the folder shows up as empty.

Am I looking in the wrong spot for a /persist/wifi folder?



No comments:

Post a Comment