Wednesday 20 July 2016

Linux Header On Kernel/ Compiling kernel



Hello, I was trying to do pentesting on my device through kali linux 2.0. I successfully installed kali linux via linix deploy ,but i was unable to use reaver as my chipset doesn't support monitor mode. So I tried to use external usb wifi adapter( tplink tl wn 722n, chipset atheros ar9271). I tried to install driver myself but when i gave make command i found this error:
make defconfig-ath9k
root@localhost:/usr/src/backports-3.15-rc1-1# make defconfig-ath9k
/--------------
| Your kernel headers are incomplete/not installed.
| Please install kernel headers, including a .config
| file or use the KLIB/KLIB_BUILD make variables to
| set the kernel to build against, e.g.
| make KLIB=/lib/modules/3.1.7/ | to compile/install for the installed kernel 3.1.7
| (that isn't currently running.) \--
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'defconfig-ath9k' failed make: *** [defconfig-ath9k] Error 1
CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO OVERCOME THIS? HOW TO COMPILE KERNEL IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE ?Or HOW TO ENABLE MONITOR MODE WITH AR9271 CHIPSET?
MY KERNEL IS 3.10.54+



No comments:

Post a Comment