Tuesday 5 July 2016

Hacking a Chinese Android Smart-Mirror



Hi there! So I have a bizarre rearview mirror that my husband bought in China. It's a mirror with an integrated 5" tablet that is a mirror when off and a tablet when on. It came rooted. It's loaded with a weird, highly stripped down version of Kitkat, and there is no section in settings for developer options. There is also no area with build number, so I can't just tap that 7 times.

I've been trying to flash a new Android OS onto it, but the problem is, I can't seem to get my computer to connect to it. I got the thing into recovery mode, but my computer just sees it as an unknown device, despite my having installed the Google driver, the ADB universal driver, and a couple others, so I'm pretty frustrated. I must admit I don't know what I'm doing, as I usually work with iPhone and Mac. Anyways, can someone help me flash a new Android OS on here and get my computer to see the device in recovery mode to start?



No comments:

Post a Comment