Tuesday 26 July 2016

Data recovery after Water Damage



My Galaxy S6 recently took a dip in a lake and would not turn on. After trying to displace the water with 91% isopropyl alcohol and I tried to power on again, but no LEDs and would not bootup still. I disassembled the phone and tried cleaning the board with a toothbrush and alcohol to clean any corrosion and hope that my attempts to turn it on did not permanently damage any components. After the cleaning the LEDs turn on, but the screen seems to be damaged.

At this point salvaging the phone is not a priority, some very important and irreplaceable pictures that were not yet backed-up are my only concern. When I connect the phone to my PC the MTP connection is established, but trying to connect with Samsung Smart Switch gives me a connection error and fails every time. I have installed the drivers and reinstalled the drivers, but the phone simply won't connect. Are there any alternatives to try on the software side for trying to recover the files? I imagine it is likely the faulty hardware that is causing the error, but I would like to exhaust all options.



No comments:

Post a Comment