Tuesday 26 July 2016

GPS way too inacurrate



I noticed this morning while i was playing Pokemon Go that my GPS wasn't working outside, it only worked inside with the Wifi. I'm using a cm13 unofficial version called

So all afternoon i decided to fix it and i searched through xda to help myself : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ecial-t2909768

1. I first did the fastboot erase modemst1/2, but it didn't seem to change a thing
2. I then decided to use several apps like gps fixer, gps locker and all but it didn't worked at all too
3. So i downgraded my phone to the 5.1.1 optimized french stock rom (since i'm from France) and the gps seems to work but it was way too weak, even after using all the helping apps i quoted above
4. Then i chose to downgrade to the 5.0.2 untouched eu stock rom and THE GPS WORKED GREAT. So I quick updated to the official last build cm13 version to be sure of not losing it but it didn't worked after rebooting it.
5. I retried it several times but it didn't worked at all and i even softbricked my device so i had to erase every data in it, which is okay since i backup everything.
6. So I changed my way to operate and installed the 5.0.2 untouched eu stock rom then flashed cm13 unofficial temasek and then i downloaded the moto g 5.0.2 gpe stock rom xml, extracted it and flashed manually through the fastboot the NON-HLOS.bin erased modemst1/2 then flashed fsg.bin but it didn't changed a thing and i even lost my network connection.
7. Then i found that thread which have all the radios and kernels stocks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649763 and i flashed through fastboot the 5.0.2 FR version radio from xt1032 and it got me back my network connection and after using gps fixer, it got the gps a little more accurate.


So here i am after 6 hours of searching, the gps of the device can now detect me but with an accuracy of 100 meters but i got a 10 meter accuracy in the beginning.
I have to precise that i didn't moved at all in those 6 hours, the gps signal the phone received must've be the same during all of it.


If someone can help me or tell me how i can get the best gps accuracy and tell me where did i got wrong, i would be pleasured to know it.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment