Saturday 16 July 2016

Bricked Phone



Okay, so I started onto the dark path of trying to root my phone and I thought it wouldn't be too hard. I am fairly tech savvy, but I have never tried rooting before.

I got my phone successfully rooted using SpaceX-Kernel. That wasn't a problem. However I started trying to use xposed to start adding modules, and I have been working on this for the last 6 hours and I am tired and confused.

My phone started to stop on the Samsung screen and would flash up and down. I was able to turn it off with Power + Volume Down, but it wouldn't actually stay down it would try to reboot after that. I realised I could get to the TeamWin screen if I pressed Volume up + Home + Power quickly enough after the forced off, and I wiped the caches to see if that would help. It did not.

**Then I did something stupid. I did a reformat (which I thought at the time would be a like a factory reset deleting all my apps/files/other stuff) also unencrypted my phone.

**So, finally I am trying to reset it by reinstalling the firmware of 5.1.1 (mostly just cause that's what I have on my computer), but I am getting fails using Odin. The error I am getting currently is

<ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

How am I supposed to deal with this? My phone also is randomly not recognised by the computer even though I am sure I have downloaded the drivers for this phone.

If anyone could give me any kind of indication on what I should try next I would be so happy. I know there are other threads that are similar to this, but most of what I have been reading to to flash the firmware onto the phone which should give it a fresh restart. ** Are next to the important information.



No comments:

Post a Comment