Sunday 3 July 2016

Bootloader unlock, DRM untrusted and services like Amazon Video and Spotify



Hi,

just got my G5 (H850 EU model) and was reading about the process to unlock the bootloader and get root.

On LG's page it says that as part of the unlocking, the DRM protection will "become untrusted". Can anyone confirm whether Amazon Video and Spotify work despite this?

I am coming from a rooted Oneplus 2 (switching only because of non-expandable storage on the Oneplus 2) and both Amazon Video and Spotify work flawlessly on the device. But then I don't know anything about the status of the DRM protection on it and if it was changed when I rooted the phone.

If I cannot use these two services, the G5 would not be reasonable replacement, of course.

Thanks for any info,
M



No comments:

Post a Comment