Tuesday 5 July 2016

Updating through OTA



SO...
I went through and followed the instructions word for word of the gentleman in this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/p8li...ating-t3400994
My current Phone info is:
Model- hi6210sft
Build Number ALE-L21C432B551
EMUI-4.0
Android Version-6.0
Now my problem is that in order to make any progress in installing 6.0, I had to install an earlier build as it states in the link above. Now the link I selected for the earlier build number was for single-sim yet for whatever reason my phone is now telling me that I have two sim slots. Which is cool, I don't mind that. My phone has 1 Sim slot an 1 SD slot so thankfully this build didn't mess with my SD slot. Now it was said that downgrading would be followed with an OTA update, however I was not actually able to access an OTA update and the Balong glitch came up with the next upgrade I think. Everything I have done so far has been manual and I am worried that something may be wrong with that. Even now when I check for OTA's it states that no updates are available and yet higher build numbers are available. On top of all this, my region is New Zealand and the region of the current build I'm using is for Europe I believe. Will that be causing any problems? Lack of OTA support? Glitches in general (I have had a few of those with this build of MM, multiple messenger and/or contacts app icons appearing on home screen, themes glitching out and doubling up in the theme store under my downloaded themes menu and the one annoying me most is my camera now no longer taking full screen pictures rather now the image i see in the camera is a box instead of full screen).
Anyway, any tips on what I should do and where I should go for further info, please let me know in the comments. Any assistance is appreciated immensely. I am very new to this whole phone thing but not completely ignorant.
I have also attached some screenshots to show the sort of glitches I mentioned.








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-06-13-36-35.jpg<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	75.7 KB<br/>ID:	3804531
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-06-13-36-54.jpg<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	51.0 KB<br/>ID:	3804532
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-06-13-37-40.png<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	63.5 KB<br/>ID:	3804533
 














No comments:

Post a Comment