Saturday 23 July 2016

Tronsmart Chocolate Quickcharge Wireless Charger



Just got this wireless charger from Tronsmart and I figured I'd do a review on it! Here's some pics first:





As you can see, I've already got the Samsung stand wireless charger which I use daily, but I wanted to try out something else for desk usage as well.

This charger works as it says, and it definitely works with fast charging. However, only thing to note here is that the charger itself only comes with a USB cable; you must provide the charging block yourself...and because of this, you have to use a Quickcharger in order to get the fast wireless charging out of it. No big deal, just plug it into your charging block that came with your S7 and you're fine.

In terms of temperature, the Samsung stand charger has a little fan built in to help dissipate heat. When I used the Samsung charger, I've heard it kick on before (it's very low) and the charger itself never really got hot or anything.

As you can imagine with how compact the Tronsmart charger is, there's no fan inside. At first this worried me a bit, but after using it with quick charging, I noticed it doesn't seem to get warm or have any issues with it. I've been testing it with my S7, but I will continue to do further testing with a Note 5 as well.

In terms of style, it's not bad to look at. It's a nice flat thin little piece, and the top has some rubber on it to help secure the phone in place. This is nice compared to my old Nokia one which was just hard plastic and the phone would slide all over.

It has green/blue LED in it, but this is where I'm not too crazy. The blue LED is always on to show it has power going to it. No other wireless charger I've used has an LED to indicate power, and I don't like it because if I'm sleeping at night and not using wireless charging, that blue light (no matter how faint) annoys me; i'm just one of those people that need to sleep in the dark!

All in all though, this is a nice charger for half the price of the Samsung charger. I hope in the future they make a stand charger though, as it's much easier to see/use at night when I want to simply turn it on real quick to check the time. For that reason, the Samsung charger will remain as my standard daily, but the Tronsmart charger will remain on my desk next to my PC for day time charging.

They're selling on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-Cho...mart+chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment