Tuesday 26 July 2016

Success after supersu bootlooping and non recognized usb on g4



Like a lot of people I have the eu version of the h815 and managed to bootloop it after following the garbage methods online for rooting .. I came here for help and found all the methods listed... lg up, lg flashtool 2014 etc.. the problem was that my phone just wasn't recognized by the computer, it charged well but that was it, lg bridge, lg up, lg flashtool.. none could find my phone.. I thought I was doomed to a soft bricked paperweight and even began contemplating the hundreds of pounds needed to purchase a new phone.. however after hours and hours of tinkering I cracked it and now have a working lg g4 again.

first off download and install lg up dll file
then install lg up but don't open yet
find and make sure u download the correct kdz firmware file ( I needed the h81520d file which I downloaded from storage cow as devtesters didn't work for me)
now head to your computer control panel and delete(uninstall) any lg mobile drivers that you see.
connect your phone through usb into download mode and leave connected
once that's done download the old drivers (4.0.4 I believe) and not the newest 4.1.1 or whatever it is now.
then open lg up and hopefully like me you see your recognized phone.
click upgrade (not refurbish) and click bin.. right of bin is the ... symbol.
hit that, choose your kdz file and voila.. let it work its magic..
DAMN IM HAPPY. HOPE THIS CAN HELP SOME OF YOU LIKE IT DID ME.



No comments:

Post a Comment