Saturday 16 July 2016

So I suppose my phone has the most weird hardware problem ever.



Please don't move my thread to Q&A as I already made a thread there but no one replied.

So what happens is that a touch is randomly registered on the screen of my phone sometimes when I press the power button. This isn't an HTC lockscreen specific bug as I have established it happens with PowerAmp lockscreen as well. I have done a full factory reset and it is still happening.

I don't use lockscreen security so the obvious problem with this is that so many times upon pressing the power button a notification is clicked and immediately opened as a result. This problem can be avoided by using double tap to wake but it's far too easy to activate by mistake so I can't stand it.

Repeatedly pressing the power button will not reproduce this result, it seems to only happen when the power button had not been pressed for a few minutes. But this cannot be a bug related to sleep mode since this happens when playing music as well.

So what I would really like to know is if there is anyone else with this problem? My M9 had been so perfect all this time but this has just ruined the experience. I don't exactly remember when this problem started but I do know it wasn't there from day one.



No comments:

Post a Comment