Saturday 16 July 2016

[sm-t705] build.prop question (spoofing)



Ok so my network (Three uk) disabled my unlimited wifi teathering some time ago which rendered the tablet i used at work useless.
So i went out and found myself a new big screen phone, the sm-t705, a little unwieldy as a phone but hay it works.
Only here comes the snag, when i put the sim card into the device the internet would not work, an error page tells me to put the sim card into a phone to get net, three tech support told me that my phone is a tablet and cant make phone calls .....i was using it to call them lol
Anyway, to the point, i recently read that a rooted device (i am rooted) can pretend to be another device by changing the build.prop there are tons of guilds on how to change it, though from the view point of making google play see it as a different device to install unsupported applications, seems straight forward (if a little risky) but here are my questions,
1) what sections do i need to change so the phone reports as a normal phone?
2) what phone should i spoof as? (im thinking i should spoof as a phone as close to my specs in terms of processor etc as possible to avoid installing a version of an app that may have different cpu requirements or may burn out my phones gpu)
3) anyone done this? any tips if you have?

Thanks in advance,all advice greatfully recieved.



No comments:

Post a Comment