Tuesday 5 July 2016

SD card corrupted unable to save data after format



Hello,
I recently got a Galaxy S7 Edge and was using Google Play Music to download songs onto a rather new 64gb microSD card (Samsung EVO brand). I was downloading several songs and didn't have any problems writing to the card at first. But then I had to leave my WiFi connection for sometime, which paused the downloads. When I returned the downloading attempted to resume, but I got an error saying it was unable to download due to lack of space on my card. I knew this wasn't possible since the card was empty and I hadn't download even close to 64gb of music, or anything else. So I checked my storage, and it said my card was corrupted and needed to be formatted. So I formatted it but still got the same problem, saying I didn't have enough space on the card. I then decided to try downloading music using Spotify to see if it was a bug with GPM. Unfortunately Spotify was giving me the same error, and now I'm stuck with a useless microSD card. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Note the card is recognized and shows me that I have about 60gb available, but I cannot write anything to it. Please help!



No comments:

Post a Comment