Wednesday 20 July 2016

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Bootloop



Hey guys, so I'm up for a new phone (had this phone for 2 years) and I remember having a friend root + flash me the cyanogenmod on my Samsung Galaxy S3

I decided to root/flash my current phone (Galaxy S5) and i ended up ****ing in on several fronts.

The following is what I did and where I ended up

Rooted phone through Odin - was successful but I got a feeling it was outdated as I got the Seandroid kernal thing in red
Got ROM Manager and flashed recovery to TWRP - successful
Flashed ROM to Cyanogenmod nightly 7/14/16 - used the wrong version so i couldn't use my phone to call
Flashed Rom to the correct version - successful
Installed Gapps zip so i can use the app store and etc - experienced issues as it was always saying the store failed and etc


Now where I am currently

I ended up wiping all the data and etc so I can flash back to the Stock ROM/firmware since I couldn't get the Gapps to work.
I tried to flash the firmware but everytime I flash it and it boots to the stock recovery and says "installing android update" it gets to 1/3rd where it says "Erasing" and boots up to the Sprint Logo where the Blue notif is on and it is stuck.

I'm assuming its soft bricked and on a bootloop and I am trying to see if I can salvage this phone.

I tried flashing different version of the firmware (my brother has the same phone his version is G900PVPS3CPE2) and i tried that and G900PVPU3CPA. Both times its says its successful on odin but upon booting it only gets 30% before it says erasing and returns to get stuck on the boot.



Can I salvage this phone and if so can someone guide me through the proccess (links to proper firmware download/etc)

I do not care if any data/apps is lost (i have important stuff backed up on my gmail), I just want my phone to work.

That being said, my phone is salvageable instead of guiding me to repairing my phone to stock, if they can guide me to set my phone to a custom ROM (cyanogenmod or anything they suggest assuming they can get the googleapps to work on it) can someone please guide me through that.


Thanks again for reading.


Edit: All info in a TL:DR format incase my wall of text was messy
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P (SPR) Android 6.0.1
problem: ****ed up with flashing now phone is stuck in bootloop
What I want: Find a solution to make my phone work, ideally to make it work using a custom rom(any works) that has a working google apps installed.



No comments:

Post a Comment