Wednesday 27 July 2016

Rooted but stuck on boot screen



Hi all!

Fairly new to rooting & flashing on Android - but I've done so successfully in the past on an older device.

Not fully happy with OxygenOS (wanted to flash a Cyanagen ROM) - but I'm having some trouble getting everything to work.

Here are the steps I followed and results:
  • Put OP2 into Developer Mode & enabled USB debugging

  • Connected OP2 to MacBookPro via USB

  • Opened Terminal on Mac & ran "adb reboot bootloader" to reboot the device into fastboot mode

  • One in Fastboot Mode, ran "fastboot devices" via Terminal to ensure it was readying my OP2 (everything is fine here)

  • In Terminal, ran "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (I had previously downloaded a copy of TWRP into the same folder as ADB & Fastboot & renamed the TWRP image to "recovery.img")

  • In Terminal, next ran "fastboot boot recovery.img"

  • Once it booted into TWRP, I navigated to the SuperSu .ZIP file saved on my OP2 and ran through the install process...and rebooted the device.

  • This is where it hangs on the boot screen - It's a red dot with 2 white dots circling around it.


(I tried to add an image of the screen to this post, but it says I'm too much of a newb to be able to post images :P

It's been on this screen for at least 30 minutes now - and I'm thinking it shouldn't take this long at this point (but I could be wrong).

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you much in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment