Monday 4 July 2016

ROM flashing and whatsapp backups on TB



Hello

I switch ROMs from time to time and whatsapp is the only app that gives me issues. Sometimes i even flash 3 ROMs in a day. I usually backup my apps using Titanium Backup and restore app+data once on the new ROM. There are times that i only backup whatsapp app+data as there is a 24 hour restriction on re-registering with whatsapp servers ( sms or calls ) . Anyone know a workaround this ?
I usually backup whatsapp app+data and then restore it once on the new ROM. The problem with this is that even though i get my whatsapp data back and apply the required permissions , I am still not able to get push notifications from whatsapp. I have to launch the app to check for new messages. For me to get the push notifications , i have to uninstall the app , reinstall and do the registration again.

Is this tied into Google connectivity services or Android ID as a new one is generated upon the TibU install ? How does everyone else get around this being a flashaholic ? :fingers-crossed:



No comments:

Post a Comment