Saturday 16 July 2016

Rom change



Hey guys I'm new to flashing ROMs and xda developer thread so I apologize in advance for any blunders about where to post this.
I've got a few questions.

1) Can I install the stock ROM of a device made by the same manufacturer as my phone ? The purpose being getting the latest android version. Given that the device is almost identical to my mine. The only difference is in terms of RAM, Camera and the number of cores of the cpu. Otherwise the cpu architecture is the same.



2) if yes, will I face performance issues since the processor of the target device is slower?



3) if not, is there a way to port its operating system manually to be compatible with my phone ?



My device : HTC 626g+ running android 4.4.2. 1Gb RAM OCTA core 1.7 GHz cortex A7 processor. Mediatek chipset. Mali 450 MP4 GPU
13 MP main camera. 5 MP secondary.

Device I want ROM of : HTC 626s running android 5.1.1 upgradable to 6.0.1. 1.5 GB RAM.
Quad core 1.1 GHz cortex A7. Snap Dragon 210 chipset.
8 MP main 2 MP secondary.


Any help will be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment