Monday 4 July 2016

Retrieving photos from Note 3



Hi,

I'm having issues with an old Galaxy Note 3.

The story is a friend of mine tried to replace the glass on his note 3 and botched it completely. He destroyed the display and gave up on it and eventually sent it to me completely disassembled(in individual parts)+ a new frame, sans the lcd, but it wasn't cost effective to replace the display so I let it sit and gather experience. He now asked me to retrieve his photos from the onboard storage and here is where I'm stuck.

I assembled the components on the new frame without the lcd and I put the battery in, let it charge for a bit and tried to connect it to the laptop and installed the usb drivers and kies.
The problem is that all the components listed under devices and printers for SAMSUNG_Android are locked, as in I am unable to update or change the drivers. Also, Kies reports being unable to connect to the phone.

The phone buzzes once upon connecting to the pc and the red led comes on(as it does when charging).

Am I missing something important? Should I use the old frame with the broken up lcd? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks a bunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment