Saturday 23 July 2016

[Q] Unable to flash Galaxy Tab 2 P5110



Hi,

I just got problems with my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 with slow speeds and finally sudden resets, so I thought it´s time for a re-flashing and updating it from CyanogenMod 10.1 to 13.

The first thing I had to do was updating from ClockworkMod Recovery to TWRP, but after I tried this with Odin3 v3.11 (no errors, "Success"), still the old recovery was available. Strange enough, after doing a factory reset, I still had all my application and data (and the crashes). I even decided to make a backup with ClockworkMod (which was not possible in the running system with TitaniumBackup due to the sudden crashes) which succeeded (apparently) without an error. I formatted the partition (manually).

Then I though, I might competely delete anything by flashing the last stock Samsung Firmware with Odin3. During (or directly after) flashing the system.img/FactoryFS, I got the famous "Complete(Write) operation failed." log message. However, ClockworkMod recovery as well as the CyanogenMod boot logo are still there, however, after some time of booting showing the CyanogenMod logo, it crashes now (instead of starting the launcher for a few seconds before the next crash).

I tried flashing with the "NAND erase all" option enabled in Odin, but I got an error. I tried flashing with a pid file and enabling partitioning, but this also did not change anything. I tried flashing with two different USB cables and on two completely different PCs.
Finally, it looks like the tablet is some kind of "write protected".

Is this the sign of a defective EMMC? Or any other ideas how to solve this?

Thank you very much in advance for any hints!



No comments:

Post a Comment