Thursday 21 July 2016

Odin error: There is no PIT partition.



I gave the gf's kid an old S2 Skyrocket to use with CM9 I believe on it. Something went wrong and the kid couldn't boot it anymore. I took a look. Flashed it with an old Odin but tried something else, flashed it with a newer Odin and completely screwed it up now. It's been a couple months since I tried fixing it so what I can remember is I think i accidentally wiped Clockwork recovery somehow and then the PIT file. Tried using a newer ODID to flash and just kept getting errors. The only way I can get into download mode now is with that little USB device that boots it into download mode. Otherwise it just stalls at SAMSUNG logo.

So i tried messing with it again today. Using Odin 3.04 I tried flashing to stock firmware and just get this
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_844945_REV02_user_l ow_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

Cant seem to find any PIT files for the i727 Skyrocket. I found something called SGH-I727-PIT(modified_6GB) but no clue what that is. Tried it anyway and just get this:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_844945_REV02_user_l ow_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

After messing with hours I'm about to give up and throw it in the trash...but read that if you can get into download mode then it could be fixed and i'm just doing it wrong.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment