Saturday 16 July 2016

My GPS is screwed after playing around.



I recently rooted and flashed a recovery on my M8.
I was experimenting with the Fake GPS Free app, and mock locations. Worked great.

But when I turned it off (developer settings, mock location-->None), Actual GPS doesn't work right.
Turned it off, removed mock location setting, deleted app, re-installed app, made sure it was turned off, deleted again.

'High Accuracy' sorta works. It gives an approx position. But using something like google maps navigation gives the message 'Searching for GPS...' and never finds it.
I tried a couple of apps 'GPS Status' and 'GPS Reset Com' which reset A-GPS, but it hasn't worked.

'Device Only' fails completely.

Tried clearing cache.
I even flashed a new ROM (Android Revolution HD (6.0)) but no luck.
I do have a factory reset option - but I'd rather avoid it if possible.


Anyone have any ideas of what else I can try?



No comments:

Post a Comment