Wednesday 6 July 2016

Kindle Fire 7 help



Hi All

I have been asked to look at a friends Kindle Fire 7. The first problem is I have no idea whether it is the 1st or 2nd gen as it won't switch on.

I have done plenty of reading and tried many of the methods shown on this site but I've had no luck.

The kindle switches on and goes to a screen with a red triangle with an explanation mark. The device says 'Your Kindle cannot boot. You can reset your device....... etc'
You have two options, reboot or reset but neither work, it just ends up back at the same screen.

My Windows 10 PC does not show any sign of seeing the Kindle when plugged in, nothing showing anywhere in device manager.

Will I need a factory cable or is there a tool/method that will work without one?

I appreciate there are loads of threads on rooting/repairing but i'm a bit lost with all the different advice.

I have tried KFFirstAide64 but every option comes back saying 'The system cannot find the path specified'.

Any help will be gratefully received! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment